Our commercial practice focuses on the business objectives of our clients. We have served as trusted counselors to businesses large and small, international and local in countless matters for over two decades. Our focus is on establishing and maintaining relationships among customers, suppliers, strategic partners, financiers and other key constituents. As a small law firm, we offer responsiveness and personal attention that larger firms simply cannot.
We Represent and Advocate for a Cross Section of Clients
WE ARE EXPERIENCED
Our team of highly experienced attorneys at the Mueller Law Group understands that the law is a complex, ever-changing system that spans everything from commercial and business transaction law to civil litigation to preparing for end of life and more. At the Mueller Law Group, we want to assist you with all of your legal needs, no matter how complicated or specific they may be.
WE ARE RESPONSIBLE
Our experience representing buyers and sellers, plaintiffs and defendants and a wide range of others, has allowed us to hone our skills and bring a unique perspective to the table with every case that we take. If you are ready to improve the chances of your legal issue being resolved in your favor, call us today for a free case consultation.
COMMERCIAL BUSINESS LAW, TRANSACTIONS, AND DISPUTES
OUR COMMERCIAL BUSINESS LAW AND TRANSACTION PRACTICE AREAS
We routinely advise clients as to matters related to Article 2 and Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, such as complex, long-term and short-term purchase and sale agreements; security interests; and lease agreements. We regularly negotiate and prepare terms and conditions of purchase and sale; distribution agreements; bailment and warehousing agreements; specialty equipment agreements; shipping and logistics agreements; equipment leasing agreements; management agreements; outsourcing agreements; employment contracts; and joint venture, teaming and strategic alliance agreements.
Companies of all sizes—from Global 500 corporations to start-ups and local businesses in a variety of industries—turn to Mueller Law Group when faced with litigation. We have represented clients in state and federal courts and before domestic and international arbitration panels. We tailor our representation to the needs of the client. With our clients’ goals in mind, we employ a methodical, thorough and cost-efficient approach to complex disputes. We are dedicated to excellence in both advocacy and negotiations, and our greatest priority is pursuing a favorable resolution.
Contract Drafting and Negotiation
Our combination of experience, knowledge, and pragmatism makes our guidance on all aspects of commercial contracts an asset for our clients. We believe that protecting a client’s interests is paramount in any transaction; therefore, we emphasize thorough, thoughtful and cost-effective services to realize our clients’ goals in every transaction.
Business Formation and Operation
We seek to make the formation of a new business as stress-free as possible for our clients. We are well-versed in the business laws of New Jersey and New York, and have helped regional, national, and international businesses with formation and operation. From obtaining business loans to establishing franchises to business type determination and more, we are ready to represent you.
We view our role as advisors to our clients, collaborating on each new challenge, and celebrating our clients’ triumphs as if they were our own.
OUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING
- Gregory K. Mueller has served as General Counsel for the New Jersey subsidiary of a Chinese State Owned Enterprise that specializes in mining and trade. In over seventy-five (75) matters, Greg has managed internal legal affairs, drafted and reviewed contracts, advised as to transactions, and litigated in State and Federal courts as well as before arbitral panels. From 2005 through 2012, Greg successfully defended the client in a sweeping anti-trust action brought against numerous foreign and domestic corporations. From 2011 through 2016, Greg and Matthew J. Ross represented the subsidiary in multi-national litigation in both State and Federal courts that resulted from the subsidiary being defrauded by a disloyal employee and his co-conspirators. After five years, and litigation in the U.S., the P.R.C., and Hong Kong, the defendants admitted wrongdoing and paid a settlement.
- Greg and Matthew represented a U.S. corporation in a contractual dispute with a manufacturer based in the P.R.C. and its U.S. subsidiary that resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Greg and Matthew represented a U.S. marketing agency in two separate actions against alcohol manufacturers in Sweden and France.
- MLG assisted a U.S. clothing label in a dispute over a significant inventory of men’s clothing with a Chinese manufacturer. We were able to negotiate a favorable result without filing a lawsuit.
- Greg and Matthew helped a Chinese manufacturer bring a lawsuit for breach of contract against the U.S. subsidiary of a Korean clothing label. Mueller Law Group negotiated a settlement that ensured the client would be fully reimbursed.
- Greg and Matthew successfully defended a U.S. financial services group in an arbitration before the International Centre for Dispute Resolution brought by a service contractor based in Ukraine. Mueller Law Group negotiated a favorable settlement for its client.
Work with the Mueller Law Group
The Mueller Law Group prides itself on assisting corporate clients to realize success. We want each client to realize its goals and potential. To learn more about how we can assist your corporate entity, contact our law firm online or by phone.
We represent defendants against plaintiffs’ claims. Our clients include both the insureds of large insurance companies and private litigants in defense matters such as automobile accidents, commercial and industrial accidents, slip and fall accidents and more.
We advocate for plaintiffs in numerous cases involving claims arising out of car accidents, slips and falls, products defects, medical malpractice, dog bites and more.
The Mueller Law Group has represents the insureds of a number of large insurance carriers, self-insured corporations, and self-funded defendants for nearly two decades. Our attorneys are experienced in every aspect of defense litigation including commercial claims, individual’s insurance disputes, automobile negligence, construction defects, Dram Shop claims (sale of alcohol to the visibly intoxicated), trucking and commercial transportation liability, intentional torts, bad faith issues, homeowner’s claims, municipal entity claims, premises liability, wrongful termination, product defects, and various other lawsuits.
We also provide representation for insurance companies in both losses and coverage disputes. As part of our defense services, we help to evaluate and determine liability, evaluate a plaintiff’s damages, and protect an insurer’s best interests.
Further, we have decades of experience providing representation to self-funded corporations and individuals on matters for which insurance coverage is either absent or otherwise unavailable. We tailor our representation to achieve the stated goals of our clients while helping to mitigate the economic impact that litigation can have.
Why You Should Choose Our Law Firm
The diversity of our experiences in and out of the courtroom makes us the superior choice for defendant representation in New Jersey and New York. While remaining cost-effective, we strive to develop an understanding of both sides of a dispute, enabling us to work with clients to build a strategy that is comprehensive and insightful. We understand tactics the other side will use, and we know how to address even the best of strategies employed by the plaintiffs.
For over a decade, MLG defended one of America’s largest bus companies and its multiple subsidiaries in countless personal injury cases throughout New Jersey ranging from low-impact collisions to accidents involving school children, to a multi-vehicle accident on a freeway, in which our client’s charter bus was pushed into a ravine. While the nature of cases has varied, our commitment to excellent representation remains constant.
MLG defended the manufacturer of a go-kart in a product liability case wherein an adult drove a minor in a go-kart across an active highway. The go-kart was struck by a speeding sedan, resulting in the tragic death of both occupants of the go-kart. Litigation involved the family of the decedents, the owner and operator of the sedan, and the various foreign and domestic entities involved in the design and manufacturer of the go-kart. After four years of litigation, including thorough expert witness discovery, we were able to secure a favorable settlement that allocated the majority of damages among co-defendants and third-party defendants.
MLG defended a bus company in an action in which the plaintiff was struck and dragged by a bus while walking in a crosswalk. The plaintiff alleged partial paralysis; road rash on her left upper extremity, buttocks, and legs; respiratory failure, multiple fractures that required internal fixation, multiple herniations, and placement of a catheter. Plaintiff made an initial demand of $18 million to settle the matter. The parties engaged in comprehensive discovery, including numerous depositions and exchange of voluminous medical records, as well as extensive motion practice. Near the end of litigation, the client’s excess insurance carrier retained counsel, who reviewed the matter and lauded our efforts. Thereafter, the parties mediated the matter, ultimately resulting in an amicable resolution.
MLG defended the manufacturer of a component incorporated into a plastic sheet extruder; the system was alleged to be defective in a wrongful death case. Therein, a factory employee became entangled in the extruder and suffered extensive burns and injuries that were ultimately fatal. The decedent’s survivors sued, naming over thirty-five defendants. After discovery MLG was able to secure a dismissal of our client with no payment of damages.
MLG represented the U.S. branch of an Italian insurance company in a coverage dispute with the U.S. subsidiary of an Italian manufacturer involving allegations of product defects. Litigation resolved when the parent-corporations of the aforesaid settled in Italian court.
At the Mueller Law Group, we recognize the impact a personal injury can have on you, your family, your employment, your friends and your community. We understand how challenging it can be for an individual or a family to fight against a big company or an insurance adjuster. With all civil cases that we take on, we dedicate our efforts to building strong cases for the plaintiffs and advocating for them every step of the way.
Our goal is to always maximize compensation for our clients. We believe every case is unique and every client requires personal attention. We pursue every claim aggressively and ethically.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
With over two decades of experience, we know how to shepherd your case from initial consultation to recovery. We have experience representing plaintiffs in personal injury claims based on many different types of accidents and incidents. We advocate in personal injury cases including:
- Car accidents. If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident that is the fault of another, we can help you to understand your rights under the law and to negotiate a fair settlement offer, and litigate if necessary.
- Medical malpractice. Medical providers have a duty to treat patients with only the highest level of care; when this duty is breached and the patient suffers, the medical professional should be held liable.
- Slips and falls, premises liability and negligent security. A property owner has a duty to maintain its property – and the things upon it – in a safe condition. If a property is not safe, and a person is harmed, the property owner can be held liable. This applies to obvious hazards – like uncovered holes – as well as non-obvious hazards – such as lack of proper lighting or security measures.
- Defective products. Millions of defective products, ranging from household items to automobiles and more, are manufactured in the United States every year. Our attorneys can help you to hold the manufacturer or distributor, or both, of a defective product liability for your injuries.
In addition to personal injury law, we also represent clients in consumer fraud cases, which refer to those cases in which the consumer is deceived for financial gain.
For example, identity theft, false advertising, unfair terms and agreements, phishing scams, medical fraud, credit card theft, and more are all examples of fraud cases. If you believe that you are the victim of consumer fraud, do not wait to take action – your future may be on the line.
Representing Plaintiffs in throughout New Jersey and New York
If you or a loved one is injured or has been killed as a result of negligence, the individual or entity responsible can be held liable and can be required to compensate you for your losses. Mueller Law Group is dedicated to fighting for the rights of victims and their families throughout New Jersey and New York. Contact our experienced plaintiffs’ attorneys today for your initial consultation.
Our Process & the Role of Our Law Firm in Your Civil Case
If you have a civil complaint or believe that you may have a cause of action, the first step is calling our law firm and scheduling your free case consultation. We shall comprehensively examine your case, and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your case. Once hired, our team of highly skilled legal professionals will open an investigation into liability, presence of negligence, damages, causation and more. We shall assemble a causation, liability and damages package, attempt to settle pre-suit and, if necessary, try the case. You will be fully informed and involved in each critical step of the process.
Our law firm is responsible for:
- Investigating the cause of the civil complaint;
- Performing research to determine how existing laws and case precedents apply to your case;
- Conducting thorough and thoughtful discovery;
- Representing you during negotiations;
- Determining a fair value of damages; and
- Exploring all options to bring your case to a quick and successful resolution.
- We prepare each and every case thoroughly, so in the event a settlement cannot be reached, we are ready to represent you during litigation.
MLG represented a 35-year-old man who slipped on icy steps leading to his condominium. Plaintiff sustained a disc herniation at C5/C6 and a central disc protrusion at C4/C5. Plaintiff required physical therapy and an epidural injection. MLG secured a settlement of $75,000.00.
MLG represented a former collegiate athlete who suffered from severe neck and back injuries after the ceiling of his apartment bedroom collapsed on him, his wife, and their young son. On behalf of our clients, we sued the building owner, the property management company, and independent contractor. We ultimately settled the matter for $700,000.00.
MLG represented a 63-year-old pedestrian who was struck by a motor vehicle. Plaintiff sustained a left frontotemporal subdural hemorrhage with midline shift that required cognitive therapy. After filing suit, we participated in an arbitration that resulted in a $120,000.00 settlement.
MLG represented a construction worker who sustained life-threatening injuries after he was made to climb two ladders that had been tied together at a residential construction site. Surgery to the construction worker’s neck and back were necessary to prevent him from being rendered paraplegic for life; however, he sustained side effects commonly associated with paraplegia that severely limited his bodily functions. After prolonged litigation, this matter settled favorably under confidential terms.
MLG represented the family of a deceased construction worker, who died when the piece of construction equipment he was operating allegedly flipped over. MLG brought a product liability action against the manufacturer, a parts supplier, and the decedent’s employer. The parties ultimately resolved the matter amicably.
MLG represented an individual whose automobile was struck on the side by another vehicle that was attempting to change lanes on a highway while traveling over 60 miles per hour. The force of the impact caused the client’s knee to violently strike the dashboard, damaging his patella and MCL. Just after filing suit, MLG negotiated a settlement for the full value of the other driver’s insurance policy.
MLG represented a 32-year-old woman who suffered a fall on unsafe stairs in a tavern. Plaintiff sustained a Lisfranc dislocation of the left foot and intra-articular fracture at the base of the left first metatarsal bone. Plaintiff required two surgeries and physical therapy. MLG filed suit and ultimately secured a favorable, confidential settlement for our client.
Contact Us Today to Learn More
If you are ready to learn more civil litigation in New Jersey or New York contact us today. We have the in-court experience, the team and the resources, and the reputation that your case deserves. Your initial consultation is always free.
At the Mueller Law Group, our experienced residential and commercial real estate attorneys can guide you through the processes of buying, selling, and/or leasing real property, as well as dealing with financing. We handle extremely complex and very simple transactions.
OUR REAL ESTATE SERVICES
Buying or selling property is not always straightforward. We assist our clients with:
- Commercial real estate transactions;
- Residential real estate transactions;
- Lease agreements;
- Landlord and tenant disputes;
- Tax appeals;
- Construction and development agreements;
WHY CHOOSE THE MUELLER LAW GROUP
When you are searching for an attorney to represent you during your commercial or residential real estate transaction, you not only want someone you can trust, but someone who has the decades of experience and the results to back up their claim of competency.
Contact Us Today
We realize that whether representing a multinational company or a single individual, a real estate transaction can have a significant effect on our client’s future. We seek to protect your interests, resolve any disputes, and ensure that the process is concluded as quickly and efficiently as possible. To maximize the chances of a real estate transaction being concluded in your best interest, and to mitigate any surprises at the closing table, call our experienced New Jersey and New York real estate lawyers today. You can reach us by phone, or use our online form to get in touch.
MUNICIPAL COURT DEFENSE
A traffic ticket or municipal code violation can have serious consequences, such as a suspended driver’s license, fines, court costs, and/or increased insurance rates. When you must appear in municipal court, it is important that you have competent legal representation. At the Mueller Law Group, we have represented countless individuals and companies in municipal courts throughout New Jersey and New York.
MUNICIPAL COURT DEFENSE REPRESENTATION YOU CAN COUNT ON
We work hard to develop a defense that protects your best interests and improves the chances of a charge being resolved with as little damage to your freedom, license to drive, record, budget and reputation as possible. Some examples of municipal defense cases that we handle include:
- Driving while intoxicated/driving under the influence;
- Drug Offenses;
- Driving while suspended/on the revoked list;
- Careless/reckless driving;
- Failure to observe traffic signals;
- Leaving the scene of an accident;
- Failure to yield;
- Racing on a highway;
- General municipal code violations.
We can help you to understand municipal court rules, negotiate settlements, and try cases.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
When you have been arrested or issued tickets, the outcome matters significantly for your future. At the Mueller Law Group, we understand the gravity of a municipal court case that is not resolved in your favor. We are highly skilled at investigating claims brought by governmental entities, can work with experts to help build your defense, and can provide you with the tools that you need to prevent legal issues in the future.
MLG appeared in the Borough of Westwood Municipal Court for a client charged with driving while intoxicated, driving while intoxicated in a school zone, failure to maintain lane, and careless driving. All charges were dismissed after we successfully argued there was a lack of probable cause.
MLG appeared in East Orange Municipal Court for a client charged with harassment. The Court and the complainant agreed to dismiss the complaint.
MLG appeared in Englewood Municipal Court for a client charged with harassment. The Court and the complainant agreed to dismiss the complaint.
MLG appeared in Clifton Municipal Court for a client charged with driving without liability insurance or registration. The client faced a one-year loss of license. The prosecutor dismissed the charge of operating a motor vehicle without registration and amended the charge of operating a motor vehicle without liability insurance to a lesser charge, failure to exhibit documents. The client paid a small fine and retained driving privileges.
MLG appeared at the Woodbridge Municipal Court for a client charged with possession of controlled dangerous substance in a motor vehicle. We facilitated the client’s application for entry into the Conditional Discharge Program. The Court accepted the client’s application, refrained from suspending the client’s driver’s license, and imposed a one (1) year supervisory period. Furthermore, the Court dismissed all traffic violations related to the matter. The client successfully completed the program and all charges were dismissed.
Contact Our Law Firm Today
At the Mueller Law Group, we are ready to go to work on your case. To schedule a free consultation with our experienced New Jersey and New York municipal court defense attorneys, you can call our offices directly or fill out our online form.
We understand that proper management of your estate is a key part of your legacy. Estate Planning can provide for your long-term care as well as protect your loved ones from expense, delay, and frustration associated with managing your affairs after your passing or incapacitation. We are dedicated to addressing your concerns and developing strategies to provide for your family, friends and causes. With integrity, compassion, and attentiveness, the Mueller Law Group can help you to develop an estate plan or navigate through the probate process for a loved one.
OUR ESTATE PLANNING SERVICES
We are highly skilled at assisting our clients in creating an estate plan that works for them. We understand how to mitigate an estate’s tax burden, reduce the stress placed on surviving family members, and take steps to avoid the probate process. Our estate planning services include the following.
Wills and Trusts
Wills and trusts provide means of gifting assets to loved ones (or others). Trusts can also be used to avoid probate, while wills can be used to name guardians for minor children or pets. A will or/and a trust is one of the most important documents in an estate plan – if you do not have one, then you will have no say over how your estate is divided when you die.
Durable Power of Attorney
A power of attorney is a document that gives another person the legal right to make decisions on your behalf if you are not able to do so. For example, if you are in an accident and are in a coma, the person you designate as your agent in your Durable Power of Attorney can manage your economic interests.
An advance directive is a document that designates your agent for decisions regarding your healthcare and expresses your wishes regarding treatment if you cannot express these wishes. An advance directive can be made in regards to life-saving measures, breathing devices, organ donation, intensive surgeries, and more.
OUR PROBATE SERVICES
In addition to helping clients plan for what will happen to their estate, we are also experienced at probating estates; we can guide clients through the probate process after a loved one has died. Managing an estate can be extremely confusing, time consuming, and frustrating, especially in the event that the decedent did not have a will or trust at the time of death. We strive to make probate as efficient and cost-effective during your time of grief.
Contact Our Law Firm Today
No one likes to think about their own death or the death of a loved one. If something is to happen, we want to help ensure that your affairs are in order. To schedule a free case consultation to learn about our estate planning and probate services, contact our talented New Jersey estate lawyers today online or by phone.
We have seen how devastating a workplace injury can be for all parties involved, from an injured worker facing the possibility of being permanently disabled to an employer that loses a trusted employee and faces the possibility of prolonged, expensive litigation.
With this understanding, we strive to provide efficient, thorough, and attentive representation to employees and employers alike.
OUR GOALS DURING A WORKERS' COMPENSATION CLAIM
Our goal during a workers’ compensation claim is to reach the best possible result for our client while minimizing time and costs incurred by the client. We are effective negotiators and highly skilled at dispute resolution – we strive to settle every case without litigation. However, it litigation is necessary, we are prepared to advocate for you in court.
After the 2008 closure of a Revlon, Inc. manufacturing plant in central New Jersey, MLG represented the manufacturer in over one hundred (100) Workers’ Compensation actions initiated by former plant employees. Petitioners brought an array of claims from occupational to specific events. For example:
- Petitioner’s claim against Revlon was based on the injuries Petitioner allegedly sustained as a result of occupational exposure to dust, fumes, pulmonary irritants, bending, lifting, stress, strain, repeated manipulations and adverse environment. Petitioner alleged disability involving both of her hands, her chest, lungs, nose, throat, back, orthopedic system, internal system, and nervous system. Petitioner’s pulmonary expert opined that Petitioner’s chest condition was casually related to, initiated or exacerbated by the exposure to the aforementioned pulmonary noxious agents while she was employed by Revlon. Petitioner’s expert further opined that Petitioner suffered from chronic bronchitis for which he estimated a permanent pulmonary disability of 20% of partial total. Said rating equated to an award of $23,724.00. We successfully negotiated a Section 20 settlement for $3,250.00.
- A second petitioner brought a claim against Revlon that was based on the injuries she allegedly sustained as a result of a slip-and-fall accident in the parking lot of the Revlon facility in Edison, New Jersey. Petitioner’s Claim Petition described the character of her injuries as lower back, shoulders and left foot. Petitioner’s counsel made a demand of 20% of total and 7½% of the left foot to settle this matter. Said demand equated to an award of $3,174.00 for the left foot injury and $23,724.00 based on the 20% total rating. We successfully negotiated a Section 20 settlement of for $12,500.00.
- A third petitioner filed Claim Petition against Revlon that alleged Petitioner was exposed to pulmonary irritants, asbestos, and carcinogens; the Claim Petition described the extent and character of the injury as “pulmonary and lung cancer.” Petitioner was a chemical operator and painter. Merck employed the Petitioner from 1950-1970 and Liberty Mutual insured Revlon from 1982 through 1989; Petitioner had last worked for Revlon in 1989. The parties agreed to a settlement of this matter in which Liberty Mutual contributed $9,000.00, Merck contributed $7,500.00, and Revlon contributed $3,000.00.
MLG has also successfully represented petitioners in Workers’ Compensation actions. For example, in 2014, we represented a construction worker who sustained life-threatening injuries after he was made to climb two ladders that had been tied together at a residential construction site. Surgery to the construction worker’s neck and back were necessary to prevent him from being rendered paraplegic for life; however, he sustained side effects commonly associated with paraplegia that severely limited his bodily functions. MLG negotiated a settlement of 40% partial total disability, which equaled a gross award of $84,000.00.
Contact Our New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Today
Our extensive knowledge of the workers’ compensation laws of New Jersey allows us to competently represent our clients, no matter which side they are on or how complex a case is presented. If you have a workers’ compensation questions or are in need of legal representation, contact our experienced New Jersey workers’ compensation lawyers today to schedule your free case consultation and learn more.
Need legal assistance? Contact us today!